Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New York


I couldn't visit New York and not visit Magnolias. I didn't love the red velvet but the vanilla very much lived up to the hype.


The day wasn't pretty, but Miss Liberty was.


Wow! the cupcakes from Crumbs are massive, at least twice the size of a regular cupcake. There was a store three store up from our hotel, lucky me.


See I told you Crumbs was close.


Central Park


Hotdogs in central park. Maybe it was because I was super hungry, but these hotdog cart hotdogs were delicious.


We had intended to visit Bubby's Pie Company, but being a Sunday morning there was a line out the door. So we headed over to Billy's Bakery and were happy to find a large range of cupcakes and also a display full of tasty looking pies. The apple pie made a very yummy breakfast and the cupcakes a tasty take home treat. I wish I had a chance to try the peanut butter pie.


The pumpkin cupcake from Billy's was my favorite of whole the trip and the vanilla was definitely up there too.


Toys R Us on Times square. This store was all kinds of crazy, four levels of the most amazing toy displays I've ever seen. Other than the ferris wheel there was a life size Barbie house, a giant t-rex and 2 candy departments!


Me with my take home cupcakes, being a spaz in the toy store.


I spent a long time gazing at this lego display, in the Lego store in Rockefeller Plaza. It was such a detailed replica of the ice rink just outside the shop.


I use to be soo excited when my Mum got us Poptarts when we were little, but then we stopped getting Poptarts in Australia, sad sad times. Imagine my excitement when I found poptarts world just off Times Square. This very cool machine inside Poptarts world held so many flavours I had never even heard of.


A rainbow wall of MMs inside the MMs store on Times Square.


After a hard day hitting the museums we stopped for lunch at a cute retro diner, Lexington Candy Shop. I had the best malted milkshake!


This little strawberry shortcake cupcake from Buttercream Bakery was another favorite of the trip. It had a shortbread biscuit for the base and decoration ant was filled with strawberry jam. Yum.

One more holiday post to go and I'm back to baking, except I don't know where to start, should it be macarons, whoopie pies, cupcakes, cookies? Gosh I'm happy to be back in my kitchen!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - I love love love New York. Seeing all these pictures make me want to be there right now! I spent £30 on M&Ms when I was last there just to birng back to decorate cupcakes with! Madness! And you cannot beat a hotdog from Central Park- they are the best!! Nxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had so much fun here, I am sorry I didn't get in touch with you. It was a week full of flu in my house ;)and crazy work as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to NY almost 10 years ago and going to Magnolia Bakery is what planted the seed to start my own bakery! I figured if they could sell cupcakes (at that time) for $3/each with a limit of 12, then I could probably make a living doing it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, New York is like cupcake mecca! So many amazing bakeries to visit. Thanks for the photos, it's inspiration for an overseas trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those wonderful pictures have sent me into Confectionery Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love, Love, Love New York!! Next time you go you have to go to the 'Levain Bakery' and try a Choc chip walnut cookie - 6oz of crisp cookie on the outside and gooey cookie on the inside. They're $4 each but completely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm green with envy, I can't even tell you how much I want to go to New York and eat everything you ate!
    It all looks amazing, you did brilliantly getting pictures of everything, your a great foodie blogger x

    ReplyDelete
  8. New York was so huge and amazing, there were so many more places I would have loved to try but just ran out of time. Boyfriend laughed at me every time we sat down to eat and I whipped out my camera, aha oh well it was lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for theses photos.. it's wonderful..
    regards,
    alimonia

    ReplyDelete