Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harry Potter and Holidays

I'm so very excited about the final Harry Potter movie, I'm off to see it in the morning. I really wanted to make some Harry cupcakes after seeing fantastic little themed cakes all over the blog world this week but have been a little preoccupied. I didn't get a chance to make anything for the occasion but did have fun with this Harry Potter cake mix I picked up a little while ago. It was quick and easy and reminded me of every single birthday party I went to as a child, there were always cupcakes with edible images on top, mostly Mickey Mouse I think.

I have a pretty good excuse for not baking, I really do...

We've enjoyed the last week in a lake-house on Lake Weyba on the Sunshine Coast. It was such a pretty spot, right between the Noosa beaches and the hinterland.

I've been busy relaxing...
By the beach... even though it is the middle of winter it was a beautiful warm sunny day.
This wasn't us swimming but I was super jealous. I did get to play in the water but because it was cold there was a lot of squealing and no swimming.
By the lake... each lake-house had its own private little lakeside area.
In the mountains... The views from Montville were amazing and the town itself is the cutest place ever.

9 comments:

  1. Lake Webya is so serene! Hey, I loved the Harry Potter cake...it is so cute! I am also looking forward to the last movie of Harry Potter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful holiday. Waaaay to cold to swim at the moment, or even pop your foot in I would think. I have a stack of those cake mixes, plus the pancake mixes as one of our friends wanted the cards a while back but didn't want any of the food. So we seemed to end up with it, you know as I like baking. How funny is that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the movie! What did you think? I think your cake looks delicious and very festive:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy Harry Potter! Your cake is the perfect way to celebrate the final movie :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I'm super sad it was the last one.. I'm super happy with the movie, I thought it was terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Texas!
    So it's Cold there?!! Wow! I'm jealous...It's extremely hot here.
    Love your cake AND Harry Potter!
    Stay warm!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a really lovely place to relax - am going online to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful spot- love it. Just discovered your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks stunning. I'll be picking up all the photos from our engagement party this weekend. Can't wait to share with you the photos of the absolutely beautiful cake you made for us. You went way beyond what I expected, it was just beautiful. Thanks kara!

    ReplyDelete